Skip to content

New F-1 Degree Students

Welcome to Cal Poly!  

If you are a new international student accepted to Cal Poly, please complete the Visa Information Form for Degree Students to request your I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa or maintain F-1 visa status. This form provides information and documents that the International Students and Scholars office needs to issue your I-20.  Please only submit this form after you have been admitted or conditionally admitted to Cal Poly. All undergraduate (bachelor's degree) applicants must accept their offer for admission before Cal Poly can issue an I-20 and acceptance letter.

Visa instructions

Select the instructions that apply to you from the following: 

Then review:
  1. U.S. State Department Step-By-Step F-1 Visa Process Guide
  2. Entering the USA
  3. F-1 Visa Status