Below is the current guidance regarding fall enrollment. In the latest FAQ U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) indicated that:
Newly admitted students admitted for fall:
- International students with an Initial SEVIS I-20 may enter the United States if they have at least one in-person class that counts toward their degree.
- Students outside the U.S. with an I-20 issued for a new Cal Poly degree program this fall will not be able to enter the United States to enroll 100 percent online.
- If students are not able to arrive at Cal Poly by the start of fall classes, we can re-issue I-20s for students to start F-1 status beginning with the next quarter that they are able to attend classes in person.
- Students who are transferring their SEVIS record from their previous school to Cal Poly, and have not left the U.S., may enroll 100% online.
- We are requesting that all new students complete this survey in order to inform us of your enrollment plans for fall. Please submit the survey as soon as possible, but no later than August 30 so we can best advise you. Students who indicate their intention to enroll in a face-to-face class but are later not able to do so, will be re-issued an I-20 to attend Cal Poly in person during a later quarter.
- Continuing students should stay enrolled full-time to maintain F-1 visa status whether in the U.S. or outside the U.S.
- By keeping active status, you will maintain eligibility for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and/or Optional Practical Training (OPT) in the future. However, students who are graduating this fall and want to maintain eligibility for OPT are advised to return and take classes within the U.S. for the fall quarter.
- We encourage continuing students to take advantage of Campus Health & Wellbeing resources such as virtual counseling services should you have medical or other health/well-being questions or concerns. Note, too, that students who are still in SLO can still access the Cal Poly Food Pantry and Meal Vouchers. Students can also request support through the Cal Poly Cares emergency fund program through the Dean of Students’ office.
- We are requesting that all continuing students complete this survey in order to inform us of your enrollment plans for fall.
Stay up-to-date on campus announcements and support by checking the Cal Poly Coronavirus and COVID-19 Information Website